- The JobKeeper payment is intended to help businesses affected by COVID – 19 to cover the cost of their employee wages and keep them employed.
- Eligible Employers1 will receive $1500 per fortnight per Eligible Employee2 ($1500 is before tax)
- JobKeeper payments are applicable from 30th March 2020 for maximum six months. First payments to be received by Employers in the first week of May.
- Payments will be made to the employer monthly in arrears by the ATO.
- Do register intention to apply for JobKeeper payment through ATO website: https://www.ato.gov.au/Job-keeper-payment
- Eligible Employers will be able to apply for JobKeeper Payments through an online application. (this application is not available yet)
- It will be up to the employer if they want to pay superannuation on any additional wage paid because of the JobKeeper Payment
- Businesses without Employees (Self-employed) can also apply for JobKeeper payment by nominating an individual to receive the payment
- For details please check the attached (Background Information – JobKeeper Payment)
- Business with turnover less than $1billion
- Turnover reduced by more than 30% relative to comparable period a year ago
- Must have been in an employment relationship with Eligible Employee2as at 1stMarch 2020 and the eligible employee is currently engaged
- For more specific conditions, details and examples please check the attached (Information for Employers – JobKeeper payment)
- Currently employed by the Eligible Employers1
- Were employed by Employer at 1stMarch 2020
- Fulltime, Part-time or long-term Casual (for than 12months if casual)
- At least 16 years of age
- Is a Australian citizen, holder of a Permanent Visa, Special Category Visa Holder or Special Category (subclass 444) Visa Holder
- Not in receipt of a JobKeeper payment from another employer
- For more specific details and examples please check the attached (Information for Employees – JobKeeper payment)
JobKeeper payments may affect employees eligibility for payments from Services Australia (other government payments) We will send updates as and when we receive them.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact our office on (03) 8838 8726.